I drive an HHR which everyone confuses for a PT Cruiser, I’ve stopped correcting them. This car is great, I love it, but I don’t like flat tires.
It is days like these that make me miss my dad. He was instrumental in teaching me about comparison shopping. I might have mentioned that before, but it bears repeating. He was also instrumental in teaching me how to:
- Change a tire: Which I don’t do but I know HOW to …that is the point
- Check tire pressure: I know the difference between a flat tire and a cold tire, thank you.
- Check the tread to measure the wear on a tire
- Make sure the tires are rotated and balanced on a regular basis
- Check and change the oil in my car
- Know what is smells like when your oil needs changing or is leaking – I really don’t need the onboard computer to tell me….
- For that matter, knowing what it smells like when your alternator, if your car still has one, smells like when it’s gone off
- Change the air filter
- Add wiper fluid
- and a couple of more things that people don’t do anymore unless they own American classic cars 😀
I miss the way he made me feel empowered and responsible, but at the same time, he made me feel loved and taken care of.
He used to say, “A car is a privilege and a responsibility, not a right”, and he was SO right 🙂